Labels

Thursday, September 19, 2013

In The Beginning...

In the beginning...there was a girl.

A girl unsatisfied with her place in this world.

A girl <stuck> in the mud of life.

A girl...who decided to start a blog.


Every few months (or years...) I dust off my diary and attempt to get back into writing in it daily.

That NEVER happens. I usually just end up summarizing my life for the past however many months it's been since I've last written, stay on track for a few days, and then fall off.

As I go back and read those entries I realize something.......

THEY ARE THE SAME!

So maybe I have a different job or new roommate, but essentially, nothing changes. I am not growing as a person and I am in no way pushing myself any closer to any of my dreams.

Enter the blogging world.

Not that I envision anyone taking the time to read this, but on the off chance that it might happen, this creates ACCOUNTABILITY. Now I have to get my rear off the proverbial couch and get it in gear.

Whether that's my non-existent work out routine,
my guitar that hasn't been practiced since my first lesson,
my piano which I promised myself one day I would learn,
my Spanish that I am losing without practice
the Italian/French/Sign Language/Japanese/Russian I told myself I would at least learn basics in,
the TEACHING CAREER I had wanted to have ALREADY!
the knitting/sewing/crocheting I never learned,
the COLLEGE I have to GO BACK to in order to get my dream of being a TEACHER,
...and everything else that if I list and think about right now might just give me an ulcer.

So, this is for me. But, if you happen to me reading this, I extend a virtual hug (or handshake if that's more your comfort zone) and my thanks for somehow reading all my drivel.

Here we go...Kelsey Langlitz, say hello to life....

Starting Line

No comments:

Post a Comment