Labels

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pirate Party Prep - Part 1 (Food & Labels)


This year for Halloween I am having a pirate themed party. I am a little OCD and have a thing for themes.  I've already starting working on it as I have to buy a little for it with each paycheck so I can afford it in the long run!


I was finding a lot of children's pirate party ideas online, but this is for adults and I really wanted it to look nice. I decided to go for more subdued colors, mostly black/white/sepia/grey feel. Even with paper plates and cheap snack food, I wanted it to at least look halfway "pirate posh".

 I found these super cute and fancy looking paper plates and napkins from Joann Fabrics on 40% off. I don't know how "Embalm and Scary On" relates to pirates, but it had a skull & crossbones so I was sold! I got two sizes of plates, both black/white/grey with skulls & crossbones.


 
 
I already have almost the entire menu planned! I have quite a bit of it purchased already too.
 
I gave everything "pirate" names and made labels our of scrapbook paper I already had and used my label maker with fun font. I bought a new fun scissors too.
 
 
Here is the menu so far:
 
 
1. Coconut Shrimp (no cool name for this yet....)
2. Fish Sticks in a bowl surrounding by Cape Cod chips (Fish 'n Chips)
3. BBQ Wings - because they are always a demand by my friends (Parrot Wings)
4. Spinach Artichoke Coffin Dip (Dead Man's Dip)
 
 
5. Bone Breadsticks (Hangman's Bones)
 
 
Breadstick Bones Recipe
 
6. Black Olives (Black Pearl Olives)
7. Apples (Barbossa's Apples) - from Curse of the Black Pearl
8. Peanuts (Jack's Peanuts) - from At World's End
9. Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar Puffs
 
Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar Popcorn FREE Pirates Booty Aged White Cheddar Popcorn   yeah....these don't really fit the fancy pirate theme I was going for, but I'm running out of cheap ideas here.....
 
10. Goldfish/Whales (Catch of the Day)
 
 
11. Chocolate Gold Coins (Aztec Gold)
12. Sand Cake (Rum Runners' Island)
 
 
Sea Island Sand Cake
*Note: I won't be using a bucket for mine, or the lobster sucker...
 
Other things to add to sand cake instead: Swedish fish, coconut M&Ms (the grey ones look like rocks), candy rocks, pirate/boat toys, plastic palm trees, treasure map with black icing for dotted lines and red for "X"
 
I am definitely adding these cuties!
 
Sand Crabs@The Seven Year Cottage
 
CLICK HERE FOR HOW TO MAKE ADORABLE CRABS: http://thesevenyearcottage.com/2011/sand-crabs/
 
Okay, so all that talk about "Posh Pirates" went out the window with the island cake................maybe I will have to do something else...but I already have the Oreos....hmm I could always eat them....
 
Obviously, you could make something like a fancy island cake but I am just not good enough at any of this stuff for that yet! Those crabs are so simple and even they look daunting to me!
 
13. I bought Tyson frozen chicken poppers on a great sale & I might use those too. Maybe call them "Pieces of Eight" (from At World's End)
 
14. I made a tag for "Eye of Ragetti" and am bound and determined to find something "eye" related to make, which there are a TON of ideas out there!
 
Still working on the drinks.....found a lot of drinks with rum but I'm looking for a non-alcoholic beverage too. We'll see....I have a whole month, right? Yet somehow that month disappears so quickly......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment